Home   |   About Bucks   |   Site Map     Twitter Facebook

Passports For All Minors Under the Age of 16

  • When applying for a minor under the age of 16 the child must appear in person with BOTH parents.
  • Children between the ages of 16 and 17 must appear in person with at least one parent.
  • Child's state issued birth certificate with both parents' names. Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State will require the full names of the applicant’s parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age.  Certified birth certificates missing this information will not be acceptable as evidence of citizenship.  Visit travel.state.gov for additional information. Please Note: If the child has a previous passport it must be submitted with the state issued birth certificate. Both documents will be returned with the child's new passport.
  • Child's social security number
  • Proof of Identification:    It is now required that all Applicants 16 years and older must present a clear photocopy ( front & back) of  their valid government-issued identification (example: driver’s license/school ID card) along with that original photo identification.
  • Both parents must sign and take oath before an authorized passport agent. However if only one parent is able to appear in person one of the following must be submitted:
  • Evidence that the applying parent has sole legal custody of the child, or written, notarized consent of the non-applying parent for the issuance of the child's passport. To download a Statement of Consent form click here.
  • A written statement by the applying parent explaining why the non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained may be submitted. However, not submitting evidence of sole legal custody or a signed, notarized consent statement from the other parent will delay the processing of the application.
  • All applications for children under 16 require both parents or a legal guardians' consent.
  • Please note that all legal documents and written, notarized consent statements must be original documents. Photocopies are not accepted.

We have new information on foreign-born children adopted by U.S. Citizens.

For more information log onto www.travel.state.gov.

The Office of the Prothonotary
Judith Reiss, Prothonotary
Patricia Zimmerman, First Deputy
Randall Flager, Esq., Solicitor

Bucks County Justice Center 
100 North Main Street
Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901 
Phone: 215-348-6191 
Fax: 215-348-6184
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 
Passport applications NOT accepted after 4 p.m. except on the first and third Wednesdays of each month, when we have extended hours in the Justice Center for passports only until 7:30 pm.

Lower Bucks County Government Services Center 
7321 New Falls Road 
Levittown, PA  19055 
´╗┐Currently closed for passport services; new scheduling should be posted soon.

Upper Bucks County Government Services Center 
261 California Road 
Quakertown, PA  18951
Wednesdays:  8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. ´╗┐(closed 1 to 1:30 p.m. for lunch)´╗┐